Followers

Sunday 17 October 2021

MESSAGE FROM HELL

 MESSAGE FROM HELL

By Rosemary Clarke


I'm brought up here inside my sty
And all they want is for me to die
To face the fear and a machine
I wet myself, it is so mean.
Electrics stun us into submission
For on your plate's our body's mission
We live, not for love, but for food,
Life for us may be short, but good.
Would you see your children so?
I think that's a resounding ' NO!'
To see us all hanging there,
Do you really have no care?
We're trodden underfoot, like twigs.
Be kind to us, we're only pigs.
Don't we deserve a life as well
Instead of this horrific Hell?

Copyright Rosemary Clarke

 

 

4 comments:

  1. As always I applaud your sentiment but, if we all stopped eating meat, what would happen to farm animals? Farmers have got to make a living... All the farms would be turned over to arable crops and the animals would all be destroyed. That's life...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sentuments of a true vegan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A good subject for a debate. The fact is all nature is cruel and I can't see all those carnivores becoming vegetarians. I guess you will need to write some more poems Rosemary. you will have to cover, cats, dogs, rabbits, fish, sheep, cows, chickens, turkeys, deer, and many more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the reason I don't eat meat. My conscience doesn't allow it. Sorry if this makes me sound 'holier than thou' but it's just the way I feel. And,I'm not alone.

    ReplyDelete