Followers

Friday 1 October 2021

LESSONS

 

LESSONS

By Peter Woodgate 


They sent me to school one day

To teach me about society,

They taught me how to read and write

To do my sums and be polite

They didn’t think I should enjoy myself

Or look to my heart for guidance,

We must progress and build machines

To hell with the old and good riddance.

We will all learn new technology

Without a backward word or apology,

We won’t need to build robots though,

They already walk the earth.

 

Copyright Peter Woodgate

3 comments:

  1. You are not talking as a human but a robot that in another form may eventually rule the universe. well written... Click on the image to see it fully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a different take on this poem. Nice on Peter - the sting is in the tail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im not sure how to interpret this poem Peter.

    ReplyDelete