Followers

Thursday 21 October 2021

Banishing the Blues

 Banishing the Blues

By Len Morgan 


When I’m feeling down and low

I strum my guitar and sing

all the saddest songs I know

well, ain't that a funny thing?

I sing of those in trouble

or falling apart inside,

seem happy on the outside

because they still have their pride

Magic happens, all things change

The darkness will turn lighter

Heavy weights lift from my soul

The future looks much brighter

sadness changes into joy,

it needs the touch of a switch

then sloughs away like rainfall 

drains into a muddy ditch.

Changing all my lows to highs

setting all those wrongs to right

Just singing, all that sadness?

will banish it all from sight

Need a lift, inspiration?

Just you take this tip from me

leave the drugs and alcohol

Singalonga me, it's free!

 

Excellent guitar for sale £25 ono?

7 comments:

  1. So, a lyric from Len expressing all those thoughts and feelings. I admire the sentiments but will refrain from a singalong as I have no wish to drive people into the depths of despair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sing out Woodie! Your the only one listening...

      Delete
  2. Poetry or not, I enjoyed that Len. And you're right. Singing does make you feel better, even though I've got a voice like a rusty saw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If your the only one listening will it matter? Go4it!

      Delete
  3. Just seen your email, so, this 60's poetry group said that this was not poetry!! I would guess though that they did not call it prose.
    My feeling is that they were being somewhat snobbish thinking it not to their liking (I have met many of them) It is, of course, a poem and, should it be categorised, because of the general content classed as a lyric. I seem to remember you have written a couple of excellent sonnets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like a singalong Len..bring your guitar to Sis's and we will get everyone singing Ten Green Bottles. We may need the help of drugs and alcohol to get us going though 🤣

    ReplyDelete