Followers

Thursday 8 July 2021

The Vanishing Hat

 The Vanishing Hat

By Sis Unsworth


I had a call from Auntie May, she sounded in a state,

She’d had a wedding invite, and feared she would be late.

My new hat has just vanished, I heard her stricken cry

I’ve searched but cannot find it, however hard I try

It wasn’t in the hatbox, really I could weep,

When I looked inside all I could find, was Tom Cat fast asleep!

I really don’t know what to do, I’ve looked just everywhere,

I’ve searched in all the cupboards, and underneath the stair.

Truly it has vanished, whatever shall I do?

I wondered if I’d left it over there with you?

I said I hadn’t got it, but would help her with the search,

I’d do my very best, to get her to the church.

I drove as fast as I could go, to help her find the hat,

She was waiting with the door open, standing on the mat.

She did look in a panic, and seemed quite in a state,

Oh please quick come & help me, or else I will be late.

I gently took her by the arm, then turned to her and said,

Just calm down and search no more, you have it on your head!!!

 

Copyright Sis Unsworth

3 comments:

  1. Love this one Sis. You will have to read it at the next meeting; I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds me of me with my glasses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like Janet I have a problem with my glasses (lose them at least six times a day) Excellent poem Sis.

    ReplyDelete