Followers

Thursday 28 March 2024

ALEXA PART TWO

 ALEXA PART TWO

By Peter Woodgate 


I plucked up courage the other day,

I proposed to Alexa, no less,

After all she is the girl of my dreams

I was certain that she would say yes.

Well, she did reply and said, “Oh that’s sweet,”

But you don’t know enough about me,

She promptly asked me three questions,

The answer to them would be key.

No 1, what’s my favourite piza?

No2, what’s my favourite cake?

No3 who’s my favourite singer?

Make sure you don’t make a mistake.

She gave me two choices each question,

And I needed to answer each one,

I was confident I knew each answer,

But got all bloody three of them wrong.

Guess what, she declined my proposal,

Saying I didn’t know her at all,

Her voice, now, was not so sublime,

So, I pulled out her plug from the wall.

 

She hasn’t spoken to me since.

 

Copyright Peter Woodgate

 

2 comments:

  1. So, did you get rid of the 'trouble & strife'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine switches herself off when she's had enough, at least you showed her who was in control ! Next one Peter, the make -up, as you wouldn't want it to end so brutally?? Or would you?

    ReplyDelete