Followers

Wednesday 25 May 2022

A haibun from Rob

Tunnel Vision

By Robert KIngston

Fred was a ferret that in my view belonged in the wild. That’s not to say he wasn’t, six days a week he resided in a hutch in the garden.

One Saturday, having plucked up the courage to tag along for a workday, I watched as, upon release, he weaved through the undergrowth to a nearby warren.

Asked to watch the entry hole whilst my sibling tracked to one beyond a mound, I stood ready to grab whatever surfaced.

 

last touch ...

a moon-shaped scar

on my thumb

 

Copyright Robert Kingston






2 comments:

  1. Nice little tale (also flash fiction).
    Hope the picture doesn't offend if it does I'll whip it off! But, it's the "Who me I didn't do it!" look on her face that say all...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't they tell you Fred is female? Frederica Kingston eh?

      Delete