Followers

Sunday 5 September 2021

MOONLIGHT ON WATER

 MOONLIGHT ON WATER

By Rosemary Clarke


Moonlight on water, oh what a show!
I long to sink to the depths below
Where there's no cruelty or pain
And I might find some peace again.
Force myself stay away from pier
For death and me must not meet here.
I try to speak, it does not come.
My voice outside completely dumb.
Except to say 'I'm very well.'
While living in an endless Hell.
Others have troubles that I know
And so my own I do not show.
I walk outside to feel the air
And find I do not have a care.
I've lost myself, and so I'll give
So others like me have strength to live.
I cannot care much about me.
Moonlight on water's what I'll be.

Copyright Rosemary Clarke

1 comment:

  1. Nicely written, lovely sentiments, hope the picture depicts that which you see in your mind eye.

    ReplyDelete