Followers

Friday 3 September 2021

BLAME

 BLAME

Peter Woodgate 

I was angry at the world

As atrocities unfurled

And chose, at random, those I held to blame.

But looking at it now

With sweat upon my brow

I realise my actions were insane,

It is easy to lay blame

In some cases it’s a shame

For we must look within our actions too,

We can think we are absolved

With accusations that are bold

But are we sure that these are really true?

As individuals we should

Strive to do some good

Even though there’s little we control

Concentrate on doing good

As everybody should

And then, at least, we have achieved our goal.

Copyright Peter Woodgate

2 comments:

  1. Agree with your sentiments Peter. We are all to blame. Some more than others, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I blame God, the pope, Allah, Budha, and anybody who preaches life after death...

    ReplyDelete