Followers

Thursday 5 August 2021

SUNSET 02

 SUNSET

By Rosemary Clarke


After the accident was the sunset of my dreams
I couldn’t work again it was the end of all my schemes.
I thought it was all over, I’d never make amends
But I forgot the main thing, the loveliness of friends.
Jane helps by coming over and tidying up my life
And Sis she listens to my woes and all the pain and strife.
Len, he works our things to write as I think little more
Without all of my friends I know
My life would be so poor.
My Bookworms buoy me up always
None of my friends are shirking.
And with my niece and her friends too, this remedy is working!
From being silent and cut down I really feel I’m growing
And all because of these fine friends
It’s such a pleasure knowing.

Copyright Rosemary Clarke

3 comments:

  1. You got it! Not sure if the picture is what you expected but it's a 'Sunset'. well written pro's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Written from the heart. Good to know your friends are helping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am I dreaming, did Len mean prose?
    Anyway, nice POEM Rosemary.

    ReplyDelete