Followers

Wednesday 21 February 2024

The New Coat 01

 The New Coat 01 

By Jane Goodhew

I know I said I wanted a new coat, my dear

I had wanted it to brighten up our world

Not doom and gloom

For there is enough of that already.

I wanted it to make a statement.          

                             

Eye-catching yet subtle, bold yet soft.

NOT

A milky coffee look.

Like the cover of an old book

Just because I am getting on.

You think our home and I have to be the same.

Dull and dingy

Beige or magnolia!!

SO                                                                                                                                            

I made a decision without consulting you.

I phoned the estate agent.

‘The colour scheme is perfect madam’.

HE SAID                                                                                                                          

To sell!

So, thank you my dear.

For your selective hearing

And thinking I meant a coat of paint.

I need the patience of a saint.

But now I am off to the Spring sale to get that coloured coat

I saw in the window whilst you sipped your coffee and thought of paint.

 And then I am off to pastures new and yes, my love without you.    



 Copyright Jane Goodhew

2 comments:

  1. A nice (of e cuff)piece of Pros to powder your nose, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent! Especially the last line.

    ReplyDelete