Followers

Tuesday 4 October 2022

MISSPENT YOUTH

 MISSPENT YOUTH

Peter Woodgate


If only I knew then,

what I know now,

a time before these lines

were chiseled on my brow.

Knowledge,

oh, you come too late,

we can’t regress,

that is our fate.

A wasted youth in many ways

as all the minutes, hours, and days

turned into years of tender bliss,

oblivious of, just what I’d miss.

It was just I, against the world,

my future, it would be unfurled.

No thought for others, just my dream,

a common trend, so it would seem.

And when I fear that I will cease to be,

before my pen has gleaned my teeming brain,

I will look back on errors now I see

And think, why was I so insane?

 

Copyright Peter Woodgate Oct 2022   

2 comments:

  1. Yes it was insane
    but, you would do it again,
    but for the aches and pain.
    It fuddles yer brain...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think its called the human condition and most of us suffer from it, which is no excuse, I know.

    ReplyDelete