Followers

Tuesday 25 October 2022

CONUNDRUM

 CONUNDRUM 

Peter Woodgate 


I’m sitting here, beer in hand,

The sun is shining, ain't that grand?

No, for as the clouds go floating by

I’m suddenly aware, that I,

At present, am a lucky “B”

Whilst all around catastrophe.

This world mankind has deeply wounded

Power is paramount and money laundered

Don’t look too far into the future

Wealth is the power, no need to nurture

All that’s precious to this earth

To safeguard mankind’s future girth

Around this planet that we lease

A short time, should we not find peace.

So, what is peace? The end of war?

A unity of rich and poor?

A realisation of us all

That we will face the greatest fall

From grace that we were given

Yet now, just into greed we’re driven.

I could, of course, shout from my box

And chain myself with many locks

To a railway line somewhere,

They’ll say “that is most unfair”

However, should I attempt that way

Or glue myself to a motorway

I will need to ensure I pray

That I won’t be run over.

A conundrum now is what I face,

Do I act, end in disgrace?

Or simply do nothing at all

Just curl up into a great big ball

And let the world roll by?

I’ve made up my mind

It’s not my business

I shall sit in the sun

And drink a few more Guinness.

 

Copyright Peter Woodgate Oct 2022

 

2 comments:

  1. The only sensible reaction>?! Thanks Peter.

    ReplyDelete

  2. Don't think so Len, it will be the one that will see the end of us.

    ReplyDelete