Followers

Saturday 10 September 2022

The Joy of being 80

The Joy of being 80

 By Sis Unsworth


  I’ve reached my 80th Birthday, so now I’m officially old,

  wisdom comes with age they say, that’s what I’m frequently   told.

  I’m not sure it’s true in my case, but I nod and say I agree,

  80 does have its advantages, well it did seem that way to me.

  I don’t have to go out to work now, I can stay in bed if I  

   choose,

  and 80 is now the new 60, I heard it one day on the news.

  I’ve lived 3 score years and 20, it seems a long time to some,

  I have lived through some bad times, thankfully I have also had fun.

  But times are getting hard now, with inflation running so high

  and fuel bills through the winter, they say may go through the sky.

  The Government may try to help me, now that I’m 80 years old,

  more money since my birthday, so I won’t go hungry or cold.

  They gave me a rise in my pension, which doesn’t seem to make sense.

  The extra I get now I’m 80, is a whole 25 pence! 

  Copyright Sis Unsworth

1 comment:

  1. Spend it in good health Sis, it may buy you a box of matches...

    ReplyDelete