Followers

Monday 21 March 2022

WHY?

 WHY? ~ (A POEM FOR MOTHER'S DAY)

By Rosemary Clarke 


Why did you leave me 

When I wanted you?

Why did you leave me

When I needed you?

Fifteen and a half

Is not old, they say

So why was it then

That you took your love away?

You loved and protected me

All the years through

But it was just when

I really needed you

You turned your face

To the empty wall

Did you ever care at all?

Was it with hope 

That you let him in?

Let him commit

The final sin.

Letting your daughter's life

Know such pain

Would you really 

Do you that again?

I know you're dead

I know you're gone

But pain and fear

They linger on

They've made me 

What I am today

Between life and death

I'll always sway.

I wake up each

And every morn

Wishing I was

Never born

But time has ways

Of making amends

It's given me

Such lovely friends.

And also, a light so dear

My lovely Nat

Is ever near.

By having friends

I'm given health

In helping you

I help myself.

 

Copyright Rosemary Clarke

3 comments:

  1. nice poetic piece, well written.
    I did think the line:
    Do you that again?
    was a little obtuse? try rewording it and I will amend it for you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Obviously written from the heart. I'm sorry you had to go through that Rosemary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To everyone out there, a quiet child is normally quiet for a reason and not a good one. If you know one try to involve them in games etc, you may be saving their lives.
    As adults it's enough for people to know that there's friendship, even if they can't say much themselves. Like our beloved Sis make everyone welcome then both adult and child will know such people exist. No more abuse of any kind from anyone to anyone. That's why I wrote this, to help those who are still there.

    ReplyDelete