Followers

Thursday 3 March 2022

UNDERPANTS

 UNDERPANTS ~ (From Next)

By Peter Woodgate


Another pack of underpants

Oh, whatever Next

There’s eight in all and nicely packed

But I am quite perplexed.

For shown, on each, are animals

Clear against the colours bright,

I guess that I must act each one

Be it day or night.

So, should you hear me roaring?

Don’t get too alarmed,

It’s just the lion on my pants

So you will not be harmed.

And should you notice my long neck,

There is no need to laugh

Or no need to wind it in

It’s just the tall giraffe.

Should I be monkeying around

Or swinging on a tree,

I haven’t lost my marbles

It’s just the ape in me.

Some days I may show signs of spots

My face it will be peppered

Not to worry, they’ll soon go

It’s just the stealthy leopard.

Perhaps I’ll be a magician

And quote Abra Cadabra

You may see stripes before your eyes

Relax it’s just the zebra.

Of course some days I’ll blow my horn

And act as if I’m cross,

My pants will feel uncomfortable

It’s that moody rhinocerous.

At times though, I will be so cute

Like a fluffy, cuddly, cat,

I’ll run on four but stand on two

Can you guess? Yes, a meercat.

No doubt, someday, another pack

But please not a shark with fin,

I’ll  dream that he is eating me

Because I cannot swim.

Copyright Peter Woodgate

 

 

3 comments:

  1. very amusing! how are you gonna act when you wear this pair... Pee on the floor? Nice piece pedro.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another very funny poem. You're doing well Peter.

    ReplyDelete