Sounds… (Flash Fiction)
Len Morgan
As I waited for the bus, I listened to the sounds around me, different engine sounds as a variety of cars passed by.
“So I said to her…”
Phut~pop~phat~Pop~phut, a small single-stroke moped engine propelled an overweight man in his twenties. He looked slightly ludicrous in a 1950s crash helmet & goggles.
“I don’t give a shit! Don’t contradict me when…”
A council lorry rattled by, filled with rubble & hardcore. Its sound rose to a deep thrumming vibration that slowly melted into the general background…
“Jody you're so Fuckin…”
Nee naw nee naw, an ambulance demonstrated the Doppler effect as it sped by.
“Don’t call me ’shit fer brains’ you moron!”
An ice cream van went by playing the music to ‘I love to go a wandering…’
Slap! “You bitch…”
The bus arrived emitting the smell of diesel, rattle, rattle, rattle, the door slid open & I got on, followed by Jody and the moron rubbing his red cheek. I took a seat.
“The next stop will be
I put on my earbuds and tuned into: ‘baby
you can drive my car…’
Len

Wrote this in desperation; not received a sub in ten (10) days
ReplyDelete