Followers

Saturday 19 August 2023

Wrong Time Wrong Place

Wrong Time Wrong Place 

By Sis Unsworth 


“Are you sure you can’t find the ring?  I’m beginning to panic, I know I gave it to you at the stag night George.

“No, you didn’t, Bill, you were too busy chasing that girl.  My God the way you were acting, no one would think you were the one getting married. 

“Yes I do remember her, she was a bit of alright, she really did fancy me.  But I did give you the ring!” 

“No, you didn’t Bill, you were so into her you had no time to give me the ring.”

“I gave it to you just before we went on the Whiskey chasers when Bobby Smith tried to balance a glass of beer on the barman’s head and nearly got us thrown out…” 

 “No, you didn’t, you were kissing that girl when it happened.”

“No that was after, now for God's sake give me the ring!”

“Gentlemen, Gentlemen, can’t you borrow a ring just for the day and find it later?  How can you expect me to start this service while you are arguing all the time? Now can anyone lend us a ring?  Oh, too late the bride just ran out of the church!”

 

Copyright Sis Unsworth

                                                                                       

1 comment:

  1. Oh Sis! I was looking forward to a piece of poetry, not a story in flash fiction. You've enticed me into the FF arena. Amusing as always, and well written...

    ReplyDelete