Followers

Thursday 30 June 2022

The Family Meeting

 The Family Meeting

by Sis Unsworth



My Grandma called a meeting, it was some time ago,

there was Mum & Dad, and uncle Fred who came with auntie Flo.

The problem was that my old Gran, who lived there on her own,

was feeling quite abandoned, living all alone.

“Could one of you please take me in, I’d not be in your way?

I do get rather lonely, now I’m old and grey.”

Gran sat in the corner, a strange look on her face,

she listened as they argued, who would take her to their place,

we children listened tentatively, all sitting still and calm,

but as the rows got heated, they filled us with alarm.

Dad said “our house is full, no room for Gran to stay,

go to Fred and Flo’s” he said, “It’s better off that way.”

Uncle Fred got rather cross, and shouted at my Dad,

I glanced across at my old Gran, she did look rather sad.

My Mum then screamed at aunty Flo, “we can’t have her with us,”

we children loved our dear old gran, and wondered why the fuss.

Just then we heard the doorbell ring, out there in the hall,

and then a strange thing happened, Gran stood up really tall.

A huge black chauffeured limousine, arrived at Grans front door,

there was total silence, as she walked across the floor.

“That will be for me,” we heard our smiling Grandma say,

“for I have won the Euro, now I’ll be on my way.”

What happened then, I rubbed my eyes, I just could not believe,

for Mum & Dad & Fred & Flo, were all down on their knees,

“Oh come and live with us,” they all began to cry,

Gran just said, “you had your chance, and waved us all goodbye.

They all sent begging letters, and were shocked about the news,

that Gran had had a facelift, and gone off on a cruise.

She was kinder to us children, I really have to say,

we had expensive presents, each Christmas and birthday.

But Grandma did return one day, much to our surprise,

she pulled up in a taxi, right before our eyes.

“Could someone pay the taxi?” Gran said with a grin,

“as I’ve spent all my winnings, now who will take me in?”

 

Copyright Sis Unsworth

1 comment:

  1. Quite up to your usual high standard, with a double wammy! Nice one...

    ReplyDelete