Followers

Saturday 2 January 2021

This Christmas

 

This Christmas

By Sis Unsworth


I ate too much this Christmas; I drank too much as well,

If I only put a few pounds on I don’t think you could tell.

Alas I’ve been quite greedy; I didn’t know when to stop,

I thought ‘Ah well it’s Christmas,’ as I did the seasons shop

It was a different Christmas from others we have, had,

No family or neighbours in, it could have made me sad.

But, we would not be beaten; no virus could do that,

We would have a good time, and not care what we ate.

So now that its all over and the Christmas lights grow dim,

I’m glad we had a good time, but really now must slim.

So now we’ll hide the chocolates and put away the beer,

And try to lose a little weight, till the Easter eggs appear.

 

Copyright Sis Unsworth

2 comments:

  1. How many of us can express the same sentiments. Unfortunately we do not have the poetic ability to express it so eloquently. thank you for putting our thoughts into rhyme...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I've been good working on my "six pack" but I had a difficult decision to make, Best Bitter or Guinness? Sod it I had both!!

    ReplyDelete