Followers

Thursday 14 January 2021

Shopping 2021


Shopping 2021

by Rosemary Clarke

My mask is on, my gloves are too
I'm all ready how about you?
I board the bus my mask on face
I'm going to a different place.
I'm going shopping in Southend
And Covid rules I will not bend!
When I get off mask stays in place
To keep all safe it's on my face.
I reach the store where I will shop
On footprints orange, I will stop.
I pay by card I leave and then
I take the bus back home again.
Open the door, spray my boot's soles
Efficient cleaning is my goal.
Take off outerwear, bish, bash bosh
And throw the lot into the wash.
I dress in old clothes then I spray
The shopping, and put it away.
I spray the trolley, especially wheels
I love how clean everything feels.
I feed the cats then brew some tea
I'll have a good rest now you see.
Then up I get to find some wood
To mend the doorstep, looking good!
Watch TV and when cats are fed
I yawn and stretch and go to bed.

Copyright Rosemary Clark

2 comments:

  1. Good poem although it made me feel somewhat inadequate. Am not so meticulous when I come back from shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Er I send my son out for the shopping. Don't recall him going to those lengths, probably why I got the dreaded Lurgy. Nicely metered poem Rosemary.

    ReplyDelete