Followers

Friday, 4 September 2026

APPT, Appt, Appt…

 APPT, Appt, Appt…

Barbara Thomas 

We all have them, Appointments

Doctors, job interviews, Dentists, and of course, Hospital appointments, if you get my drift. 

Letters from NHS will arrive months before the allotted appointment.

Where do you put them for safety?

Or…..think you have put them somewhere for safety. 

Then we get emails - appointment times, place etc and phone number in case you need to cancel or change if not suitable. 

Diaries, if you own one, I would truly advice to get one if you haven’t.

You write the information:

Date, time, hospital.

Only to receive another letter saying: “Unfortunately due to unforeseen circumstances

(Although you are never told what)

“The appointment will now be put back several months.” 

Outcomes the diary, cross out previous and add new appointment.

Then you have a problem if the date runs into the following year. 

It will be to early to buy next years new Diary, so you write the new appointment on the leaf of the old diary. 

GP’s secretary phones, as you didn’t attend your allotted appointment at the hospital the NHS has now returned the paperwork to your GP so therefore if you still need the appointment you will firstly try to get through the triage to make a GP’s appointment so your GP can then make out new tests. HELP!!!! 

When you try and I mean try, to explain, you had never actually received the original letter.

With all the modern technical help, internet, email’s, phone why does this keep happening time and time again.

If anybody has the answer, please write in and I will see that it does not get lost. 

Job interviews: are notoriously misleading, for would be candidates, wrong time, date, month and dare I say even year. 

I jest you not, appointments are, as far as I am concerned, off the Geiger counter. 

HELP!!

 

Copyright Barbara Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment