Followers

Monday 17 April 2023

Two Poems from Rosemary

 Nuts

by Rosemary Clarke

Nuts are good for you so I am told.

They're sweet and they're crunchy and never grow old.

We've put them in cakes or have eaten them raw

They come out at Christmas, and then we want more.

We don't eat enough of them, of that it is true
.
I can't see why when nuts are so good for you?

PS and raisins.

Copyright Rosemary Clarke

 


THE STRANGER

by Rosemary Clarke

Spiders webs with spiders all over the place

Tangling my hair, covering my face

The room is darkened and covered in gore

I didn't know, now I won't live here no more.

Go out in the sunlight, live once again

No matter the trouble, no matter the pain.

Just keep forging onward that's all I can see

Then finally I'll find the one that's called 'ME'.

Copyright Rosemary Clarke

 

1 comment:

  1. Let me apologise to Rosemary, these lovely poems wound up in my Spam. No idea how? Nice concepts well written so thank you for sending them in...

    ReplyDelete