Followers

Thursday 2 March 2023

Anticipating Spring

 Anticipating Spring

 

By Sis Unsworth

 

I love the changing seasons, but look forward most to spring,

the bulbs will soon be flowering, and songbirds start to sing.

I’ve seen a few new buds, bring life to weary trees,

Looking forward to the butterflies, and the hum of searching bees.

I’ve noticed fairly recently, the nights are turning lighter,

I’m so glad the early mornings, are just a little brighter.

Each day brings spring time closer, I see the change each week,

But this year is more special, for one thing I will seek,

the glory of it’s beauty always make me sigh,

For as the days grow warmer, my gas bill won’t be so high.

 

Copyright Sis Unsworth

  

4 comments:

  1. Wasn't expecting your usual punch line; fool that I am. Thank you Sis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely poem Sis but according to Google the first day of Spring isn't until 20th March so still time for the weather to cheer up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sis; another classical poem that sums up everyone's thoughts. excellent

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely poem....shame we woke up to snow this morning .

    ReplyDelete