Followers

Monday 7 February 2022

THE WAITING

 THE WAITING

By Rosemary Clarke


Shaking, quaking now it's time

Can't pretend that I feel fine.

Needle's coming, tension grows

Can I dodge it, I don't know.

Painful though it is to me

Others all go through it, see?

I have to really do my piece

To keep Nat working, that's my niece.

For she's a Carer, they care for all

Tall or short or big or small

whatever creed, whatever race;

they care for all, they find the space.

All it takes is one quick prick

help stop them all from being sick.

And so I wait here in the Mill line ... 

 not feeling good or even fine.

I'm doing this to help and save

many Carers being brave.

I do not aid the sick and dying

I feel inside like I am crying.

I want so much to run away

but, come on girl, you've got to stay!

They lead me round into a chair

I wish I wish I wasn't there!

I must sit down and turn my head;

I'm trembling with certain dread...

What's this?  She says that it's all done!

I can't believe it, I am stunned!

One jab in upper arm is it

Oh now I feel a proper twit!

I don't mind that!  I feel ok!

I'll go home now, begin my day.

 

Copyright Rosemary Clarke

1 comment:

  1. You read my thoughts, who likes needles anyway? Well written and inciteful.

    ReplyDelete