Dreamscape (part 3 and Last)
By Len Morgan
“I think we should run
it by the director…” said Jak.
.-…-.
“As you suggested
Kevin, we are beginning to test a wider, more mature range of subjects, and
have advised our partners in other countries to do the same. Now we can
only wait and see if the revised parameters bear fruit.”
Over the next few
months, I made dream trips within the solar system, scapeing the moons of
Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune.
I never received
direct evidence of success or failure and to be honest I didn’t get much
feedback from the program; nor did I expect it. The excitement of the
people around me was enough to tell me that we were making progress.
Three months later we
received feedback from
As promised I received
tuition at golf and have become quite proficient; handicap 13. I have
become a proficient sous chef, exceeding my expectations by far.
.-…-.
The search is now on
to increase the speed of conventional rocketry. AI is working on
practical solutions. In the short term we will be exploring the asteroid belt
and moons for commercial projects.
AI is still working on
ways for us to visit nearby star systems ‘in a human lifetime’ at or near the
speed of light. But it’s a pipedream; carboxy lifeforms could never
survive the acceleration and deceleration speeds required, or survive the
boredom? We would need so much food, oxygen, water and fuel. One
ship would consume all the resources of the earth with no guarantee of success.
I guess animals like us ‘flesh & bone’ are too fragile and short
lived. We are, in my opinion, ‘stop at home creatures’ destined to stay
in the solar system until the Sun runs out of fuel.
But, AI may yet hold
out hope… Miniaturization is a possibility, tiny working machines
under the contol of a central AI hub, would reduce weight on a long journey.
The best chance of
carrying fauna and flora from earth to the stars would be in the modern
equivalent of Noahs Ark; as seeds, eggs and sperm to be born on arrival at
their destination; under the guidance of machines. So, AI would continue life
on a new world, or be our legacy…
.-…-.
Dreamscape has
identified 27 possible targets in the past 5 years, to which, in
theory, small ships could be sent. Given the right conditions
oxygenating plants could seed and improve the atmosphere until it is breathable, at
which time, in theory, animals could be born, and I hope this might be
accomplished one day.
Kevin Monaghan
.-…-.
My dreams have ceased
to be relevant to the program of late. I mostly dream of my younger days
with Linda and the kids. I don’t mind that because I recall them fondly.
After 10 years I’ve finally retired, again! I've dropped out of the program
with gratitude from its members, and fervently hope the exciting programs for
space travel will come to pass. I know that humanity will go on long after I have
gone.
I’m told they are
working on the creation of ‘Warp Drive’ and the Casimir Effect, producing ‘Warp
Bubbles’ using dark matter as fuel; they could in theory enable travel at 10x
light speed, maybe more it's all beyond me. But they believe it could happen,
Maybe not in my lifetime but, possibly by the 21st or 22nd Century…
“Ain’t life grand!”
Copyright Len Morgan

This last part was a little rushed, sounds like a travel brochure?
ReplyDelete