Followers

Thursday 23 February 2023

KNEES UP

 KNEES UP 

By Peter Woodgate 


Jo has got another Knee

The other one was knackered

Up and down the stairs she goes

No wonder she is shattered.

I am too with all this work

It seems a bit like hell

I’m up and down like a Jack-in-the-box

Every time I hear the bell.

It appears Jo is up for another job

One that requires an ology

She thinks it’s fun to pull the chord

And pretends it’s campanology.

She has to wear these stockings

And I’m not being catty

They are black and thick and wrinkled

Just like Nora Batty.

I should, of course, show sympathy

For the pain is the worst on earth

The only other that’s close to it

Is when you’re giving birth.

Of course, I cannot confirm this

Not having had the pleasure

I got to hold them afterwards

All three oh what a pleasure.

I suppose I should be thankful

That my knees are pretty good

They let me run around a bit

Which I suppose I should.

After all before the op

 Jo did the same for me

So I can’t moan for giving care

But I do you see.

I’ve had a taste of a carers jobs

And, in truth, must say,

We don’t appreciate their work

And they deserve more pay.

 

ARE YOU LISTENING Ris

 

 

Copyright Peter Woodgate (January 2023)

1 comment:

  1. Really enjoyed this, sympathy to Jo tho. Thanks for this perfect example of schadenfreude. You swine...

    ReplyDelete